1. To improve the quality of life for all college students - the programs & services help to prepare them for successful careers & allow them to remain healthy & active
2. Promote student leadership & professional development - help students address special needs or difficulties provide opportunities for them to be involved on campus, athletics, organizations & administrative committees.
3. The deparment serves as the student advocate for the Management & Academic - ensure that student voices are represented, work with students who have concerns or suggestions that they would like to address, to continue, improve & develop programs & services that meet the students' interest.
4. To expand opportunities for students to learn & interact with different people, cultures & customs - to help the student learn more about the college & to help them adjust to new environment. Another important goal is to create a connection among new students to the college & seniors through the activities conducted.
5. The department is committed to help motivate & inspire student - assist students to devote time & energy to educationally & purposeful activities both inside & outside the classroom.
6. Provide Counselling services - assist students in reaching their goals by orienting the students for a successful college experience, helping to clarify career & academic goals, assisting with course selection & program planning, providing information for transfer to other colleges & universities. provide academic & non-academic counselling to students to improve their self-esteem, instil a sense of confidence & ability to manage their studies systematically.
7. Responsible for international student's welfare & well-being (acting as first point of contact experiencing difficulties) - helping students to settle in & integrate in both campus life & life in Malaysia. Provide students information which assist them during their stay at TPM College - enhance the quality of the students's experience residing in TPM College.